Friday, November 13, 2009

Holding My Breath... Part 3

Today was a good day for school. We had a test which I completed in like 30 seconds and received a 100% on. That was cool. Dave just looked at me all astonished like and shook his head after he graded the test. He didn't know what to say. After that we went to the Smokehouse. Apparently there is a chance that we are going to be losing that building. The Helena Airport folk do not like us. But not because of anything we've done, but because others who use the training facilities do not clean up after themselves. So we're in talks about that. If it happens that we can't use that place we will find something else.

Anyway, we learned today how to rescue fire fighters that have falling to a floor below. I watched but I didn't participate because I was asked to instruct the class on how to backboard a victim. It was nice to do but I am nowhere certified to teach. I just explained what I knew and how I did it. One of the instructors interjected a lot with how he was trained but it went well overall. Apparently I remember a lot more than I thought I did. So that is cool. But it was good. People actually listened to me. Then we learned how to change our own air tanks which let me tell you is scary. Working against your own panic button. Once you get passed the I don't have air thing, it takes a bit of dexterity to turn the bottle, get the tank off, put a new tank on. I didn't make it my first time. I died if you will. But it comes with time.

This weekend I will probably hide out, I've been battling a mild case of the flu, my roommate had swine flu but I don't think I have that, who knows, I'm not going to a doctor to find out. I'm laying low, drinking fluids and not overworking myself. I'm probably going to spend most of the weekend playing x-box. Homework is light this weekend, I only have a 500 word paper to write. So not bad. Anyway, Monday we get to do second story diving onto a ladder techniques so I can't wait for that. I hope I feel like I am in a Bruce Willis movie. But I'll have pictures and a blog up for that Monday! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment